Top Albums of 2014 and Notables
- 19 Country/ Americana Albums made the Top 100.
- The highest charting debut was logged by Johnny Cash with OUT AMONG THE STARS at No.4 (19,347 sales)
- The biggest selling debut was Dolly Parton with her 2-CD BLUE SMOKE / THE BEST OF with a debut at No.6 selling 20,860 copies. As it was a compilation it did not appear on the Official Country chart.
- The third biggest selling debut was First Aid Kit's STAY GOLD (11,281 sales; No.11 debut) followed by Garth Brooks MAN AGAINST MACHINE (7,608 sales, No.23 debut) and fifth was Lady Antebellum’s 747 (5,998 sales; No.12 debut)
- UK duo Ward Thomas with FROM WHERE WE STAND were inside the Top 40 on the mid-week chart but landed just outside on the chart on the published Sunday frame with 2,473 sales and made a bow at No.41. They out charted and out sold 4 of the biggest names from America (2 now 2015 ACM Nominated albums) as Brad Paisley, Miranda Lambert, Tim McGraw and Eric Church sold fewer numbers with just one week on the top 100 compared to the achievement by 20-year old twin sisters Catherine and Lizzy Ward Thomas who had a 5-week Top 100 run!
- All the new releases in 2014 including ones played on Marie Crichton’s BBC Radio Shropshire Country Show.
- Those marked in RED are ones Marie particularly enjoyed during 2014.
- All the 2014 country albums which charted on the American Billboard Charts (Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart/ Billboard Top Country Albums Chart) with Debut sales where known shown in blue)
Johnny Cash - OUT AMONG THE STARS
Bobby Bare, Jr.- UNDEFEATED (Bloodshot)
Brigitte De Meyer - SAVANNAH ROAD
Billy Joe Shaver - LONG IN THE TOOTH
LeAnn Rimes - GREATEST HITS & DANCE LIKE YOU DON'T GIVE A. GREATEST HITS: REMIXES;
Front Country - Sake Of The Sound
Lee Ann Womack - THE WAY I’M LIVIN’