24th May 2014 – BBC Playlist
Brand new music from Willie Nelson and Don Williams, plus classics from Shelby Lynne, Hank Williams Jr and Wynonna Judd.
Originally from Alaska Birthdate: Yuba City, California on January 7th (1988) age 26
- Born Rachele Lynae Wurm in 1988 to Robert J. Wurm, a commercial fisherman, and Alicia Ann Wurm in Yuba City, California, Lynae was raised in Kodiak, Alaska, and Lynden, Washington.
- Rachele is described as “combining singing and songwriting skill with a heaping dose of attitude that has earned her respect and affection of country audiences from coast to coast”
- Rachele knew at an early age that she wanted to be the one standing center stage and telling those stories. By the time she was 10-years-old, Rachele had already been singing in church for five years and admits her identity as an artist has been shaped by her Alaskan upbringing.
- She began writing songs when she was 12-years-old, and by the time she was 17, she had hit the road and began gaining a reputation as a “riveting live performer”.
- Rachele moved to Nashville in 2006 to attend Belmont University, she majored in music at the renowned school that has groomed many country notables.
- Honed her skills performing at some of Nashville’s famed honky tonks, including Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge. At the end of her senior year, she recorded a five- song EP that she shared with musician/manager, Jimmy Murphy ( who she first met when aged 13). He was so impressed with her voice and the caliber of her songwriting that he shared Rachele’s music with his daughter Jamie O’Neal.
- Jamie and Rachele immediately connected and began working on the young artist’s debut album and the first record on O’Neal’s Momentum Label Group. Jamie taught her to fearlessly go after the vocal and to try things she didn't originally think she could do, so there are a lot of vocally challenging songs on the album. Jamie makes an appearance on "Two For One Special," a Miranda Lambert-Carrie Underwood-style kiss-off
- Her first single “Party Til The Cows Come Home” made the Top 40 on The Country Billboard Indicator after 21 weeks on the chart it reached #40. The single was buoyed by a >> video was filmed in Nashville, TN by Trey Fanjoy (credits include videos by Taylor Swift, Reba McEntire, Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert)
- Her 2nd radio single from her album “Fishing For Something” was published on May 7, 2013.
- Third single “Touch The Stars” was released on February 18, 2014.
- Country Weekly and Nashville Lifestyles have both included Rachele in their list of "Artists To Watch In 2013."
- The Examiner announced that Rachele in their 'Top 5 Female Country Newcomers' of 2014.
- Rachele performed a full band showcase at the after party for the Country Radio Hall of Fame Dinner & Ceremony during Country Radio Seminar (CRS) 2014 at the Renaissance Hotel on February 18, 2014 in Nashville - Photo
- “Party Pack” a 6 track EP was released June 18, 2013 and her full 12 track debut album on April 22nd 2014.
- Fun Facts: Along with friends Tiffany and artist Hannah Bethel they had a line dancing girls night, they had so much fun they kept going back. Now Rachele is addicted! Rachele has been described as the female Jason Aldean of country music.