- Snapshot Country Aircheck's Insider Artist News - March 25, 2014 - March 28, 2014
- Petersfield, Hampshire Country/Americana duo ” twin sisters Catherine and Lizzy Ward-Thomas sang live for Sir Terry Wogan on BBC Radio 2 on Sunday March 23rd. The 19-year olds performed their new single “The Good and The Right” along with a delicate cover of Dougie McLean’s “ Caledonia”. Listen to the Session
- Wolvestock 2014 Axed: **Announcement ** It was announced that Wolvestock 2014 has been cancelled due to poor ticket sales - Source wolvescivic.co.uk “be happy in the fact we all had 19 brilliant years to meet new friends listen to great music moan about the rain in our wellies while dancing, but most of all just being together” wrote Debbie Duncan on Facebook (Wolvestock Dance Master)
- Singer/songwriter Brandy Clark made her debut performance on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on Monday, Mar. 24, performing “Stripes” from her critically-acclaimed album, 12 Stories. Buckle up and view this stellar performance HERE.
- 35.4 million YouTube hits can't be wrong: Swedish DJ Avicii made his introduction to Billboard's Country Airplay chart, as >> "Hey Brother" bowed at No.59 last week. US digital sales for “Hey Brother” have now topped the 1-million mark.
- Merle Haggard will be honored with the Crystal Milestone Award at the 49th Annual Academy Of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas April 6
- The Academy of Country Music also announced on March 21st that Toby Keith, Ronnie Milsap, Carrie Underwood, Kris Kristofferson, Rascal Flatts, the late Jack Clement, producer Dann Huff and songwriter Shane McAnally are among those receiving off-camera honors as part of this year’s ACM Awards:. Read all the ACM winners off-camera winners at musicrow.com
- Vince Gill’s daughter Jenny Gill and her husband, Josh Van Valkenburg announced that the couple is expecting their first baby, a boy, in August. That means Vince will soon be a grandfather.
- Indiana Boon - Rory Feek explained the naming of Joey+Rory's little girl in his latest blog
- Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison declare 2014 'Our Year' with new album out 5/27
- Dolly Parton has announced her performance as part of the Today Show Outdoor Concert Series, the very same day her album hits stores May 13th.
- Johnny Cash – Out Among the Stars: exclusive album stream at The Guardian.com. Get the free download of “I'm Movin' On (260kbps MP3).
- Miranda Lambert performed her brand-new single "Automatic" live at the Grand Ole Opry with Gwen Sebastian on backing vox.
- Martina McBride appeared on PBS-TV's Tavis Smiley to explain why she's charting new territory with forthcoming album Watch at pbs.org
- Bobbe Seymour, a longtime steel guitar passed away last week (March 20th). Seymour played with the likes of Ferlin Husky, Jean Shepard, Stonewall Jackson and Billy Walker.
Leah and her drummer
at the 2012 CMA Awards
On March 17, 2014 “Dixie Daughter” was sent to radio and she is slated to follow up the release with nationwide radio promotion and ongoing performance tour. Look out for Leah, she is high octane!
When Dakota was in eighth grade, he formed a band with some friends, and began playing in local clubs around town. He and his family moved to Nashville when he was in his early teens, but when he turned 16, he went through some trying times that gave him plenty of fuel to power his dreams of a bigger and better life. His home burned down to the ground, then his stepdad, who suffered from addiction problems, left the family. But his fortune quickly turned around when he met a manager who wanted to represent him. His manager hooked him up with another aspiring artist, and the two made a video of a song they performed together, “The Girl Is Mine,” that eventually became an internet sensation. From there he made his debut television performance on the high profile Ellen DeGeneres Show!
|Dakota at the|
Dakota describes his music this way — “I sing like a rock singer like Steven Tyler, but I sound country. I think people are gonna like me, because my music is honest and it’s real. I really sell it live…I take performing and my career really seriously, ‘cause I gave up a lot to do this.”
Born from the founding members of $outhpaw & The Revivals, they bring their audiences soaring pedal steel, electrifying lap slide guitar, Telecaster guts & gristle, an engine room of bass & drums, all of this behind two equally distinctive voices and songwriting styles.